Location: Bloomington , MN
Organization Name: Mt. Hope Lutheran Church
Mt Hope’s mission is God’s mission. Our vision is to reach our friends and neighbors with the truth, love and hope of Jesus Christ while growing as His disciples.
Faithfully working to fulfill that vision is why we exist as a church. We are a missional congregation and missional congregations think, live, and act according to Christ’s Great Commission, to “Go and make disciples of all people, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them everything I have commanded you.”
Here we are reminded that God never told the world to go to the church, but He told the church to go to the world. This is our challenge as the body of Christ in Bloomington, Minnesota; it is the driving force of all that we do.
After 60 years of worshiping in an all purpose room we are celebrating the anniversary by completing the building of our first sanctuary by the end of this spring. To God be the Glory!
For more information, please visit www.mt-hope.org.
The Mount Hope Lutheran Church Endowment Fund Maintains the Following Categories:
- Building Fund New-Income and/or principal is used for new building projects or property acquisition.
- Building Fund Existing-Funds to improve current church facilities and/or make payment to reduce the current loan principal.
- Church Music-Funds to improve and/or expand congregation’s music program.
- Church Worker Scholarship-Scholarships to students going into fulltime church work as Pastor, Teachers, DCE, DCO, or Music Ministry.
- Technology-Funds for electronic or other technological opportunities as they become available.
- Mission and Ministry Opportunities Outside our Congregation-The income from this fund shall be used for grants to specific missions and ministry projects outside of our congregation.
- Local Outreach Ministry Fund- Annual income used to do outreach activities and publicity to our local community.
The Endowment sub-account thru Lutheran Legacy Foundation is used specifically for Local Outreach Ministry. The Mt. Hope Outreach Committee annually plans for events and activities to invite the more than 3,000 un-churched within a one mile radius of our church building to worship and grow in faith with us. We also have two senior living communities with more than 130 units within one block.
If you would like to donate to this fund and help Mt. Hope Lutheran Church continue their work, please click on a “Donate” button below.